What is a Work Placement Manual?
The work placement manual is a documentation set or handbook that the study programme and the work placement supervisor compile for the student. The work placement manual describes:
- the administrative steps to be taken before, during and after the work placement (in Dutch);
- the expectations the study programme has vis-à-vis the trainee;
- the way in which the work placement supervisor will supervise the work placement;
- the objectives of the work placement;
- the way in which the work placement is assessed;
- the practical guidelines about working arrangements, sick leave, insurance and contact details;
- an overview of all forms and documents, such as the work placement contract, the activity plan, the insurance certificates, the accompanying documents for the work placement mentors, the assessment criteria and self-assessment forms.